The Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 exempts the political activities of political parties and representatives, however the Australian Greens values protecting your privacy and in doing so follows current Australian best practice guidelines and the spirit and intent of the Privacy Act to ensure that your privacy is protected. Whilst all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure your safety and privacy, users are advised that there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the Internet.
Personal information provided to the Australian Greens and information collected through this website will not be disclosed to any third party outside the Australian Greens or its State affiliates unless one of the following applies:
- the individual has consented
- the individual would reasonably expect, or has been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- it is required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health
- the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
Cookies are used on this website as a part of the NationBuilder platform. As this website does not utilise user accounts, cookies are therefore only used if the individual chooses to leave a comment on any of the blog posts. These cookies are not used to gain data about the visitors to the website.
Whilst every attempt has been made to protect visitors’ privacy, The Australian Greens accept no fault if these systems result in a breach of privacy.